Inn This Edition:
- New! The B&B Featured in Groundhog’s Day Movie Comes Alive with a brand new website
- Making Afternoon Tea Work
- Dog-Friendly Inns Tell How
- Travel Lowers the Risk of Depression
- Gorgeous Deviled Eggs – 21 Recipes
New Website Launched
Cherry Tree Inn B&B
To refresh your memory on Groundhogs Day try this. The inn chose a Wedgewood blue framework for the website and combined with a beautifully rendered slider, the home page holds attention.
A bold but gracious white font atop luscious slider photos carries the message clearly and elegantly. Our designer Dennis, framed the photos with a pastel Wedgewood blue with a very light touch. It’s such a small detail but it adds a refined theme to the vibrant website.
The inn plays up being the movie location for Groundhog Day. (Scroll down) with many videos.
For a custom design and a website you will own and update as needed, contact
Inn Makes Afternoon Tea Efficient
Sayre Mansion in Bethlehem Penn. has figured out a strong revenue generator practiced by many inns – Afternoon Tea.
But they make it work for their inn with the following:
- Only on Thursdays
- Twice on Thursdays – 2 PM and 4 PM
It’s $35 per person and worth every penny just to be in that beautiful mansion! Offering connections like this to book clubs, birthdays & other celebrations increase your visibility and your value to your community.
Menu and booking page
The innkeeper wrote, “Antique furniture, silver service trays, and a crackling fire set the atmosphere for afternoon tea, We really channeled our inner ‘Downton Abbey’ fan for inspiration when planning.”
During the afternoon tea, guests may be seated in the formal dining room or elegant parlor of the Gothic Revival-style mansion.
Afternoon tea at the Willard in D.C.
Here’s how to figure out opening your inn to man’s best friend.
Here’s what the Inn on First offers their guests.
- Outdoor Dog Shower (shampoo and towels available)
- Gated, off-leash dog area
- Locations of the nearest Dog Parks & Dog Runs
- Knowledge of local veterinary services
- Pet Stores
- Grooming Services (48-hour notice minimum)
- Pet sitting services (48-hour notice minimum)
- Visit Pet-Friendly Wineries
- We encourage you to visit Napa Valley Vintner’s Winery Finder for a full listing of dog-friendly wineries.
Best Wisconsin dog-friendly inn You’ll find a great set of pre-qualifications for doggie guests.
Here’s another great dog-friendly website page at Cypress Creek.
Colorado Road Trip this week – by Mike Morse
Travel Lowers the Risk of Depression
A study from the Marshfield Clinic in Wisconsin found that women who vacation at least twice a year are less likely to suffer from depression and chronic stress than women who vacation less than once every two years.
Gorgeous Deviled Eggs
Recipes from Southern Living 21 different recipes for deviled eggs!
“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”— G. K. Chesterton