Some sites don’t get traffic because they aren’t configured properly. An example is not correctly setting up the “robots.txt” command. This can tell Google to ignore your whole site (the “disallow” command). Go to Google Search Console, paste the page URL in, and click on URL Inspection to see if your site is being indexed.
Here are 5 other basics that are sometimes missed.
- If a page is not included in Google Search Results, make sure that page is included in your sitemap.
- Include links to other pages within your site.
- Include links to content on external high-quality sites.
- Find any pages with a meta name that includes “noindex”—this (obviously) tells Google to ignore the page. Almost worse is when meta names don’t include your location
- Make sure your site has been properly designed for ADA compliance.
Honestly, last week I ran across 2 beautiful inn website and they were both missing most of the above.
Consider getting an audit just to make sure everything is right.